View Single Post

Old 29th September 2017, 01:23 PM
Consumer Newbie

bdreish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Purchase of faulty goods

I had this problem with a coffee table ordered from John Mills catalogue - you can tell how long ago that was lol. It was a table shaped like a 50pence piece, and when it arrived the glass didnt fit into the hole properly, it was too loose. So we rang JM who arranged for a new one to be delivered and the faulty one picked up. Two days later the replacement arrived but the delivery man had no instructions to remove the faulty table. So we were left with 2 tables. Surprise surprise, the replacement table also had glass that didnt fit EITHER table, so we went through the whole procedure again. In the end I ended up with 5 coffee tables, and the glass from none of the tables fitted in any of them. I had to threaten JM with legal proceedings if they didnt arrange for IMMEDIATE pick up of the coffee tables. Oh, and because the faulty tables hadnt been picked up by the delivery man we were being charged for all 5!! The coffee tables were finally collected, and we received a cheque from JM for our trouble.