Do I have the right to cancel this vehicle order?

ALTSELGREEN

Apr 4, 2010
Hi all-bit of advice needed.....Wednesday last week I visited a local Audi Dealership with a view to trading my TT coupe for an A3, as the family are bigger and the former is now impractacle. The dealership was large and the staff were falling over to help and created a good impression. They showed me a few cars and eventually I quite liked the look of a 6 month old demonstrator which had a great spec. My TT was valued and I sat down to crunch the figures and eventually came up with a reasonable deal using PCP to finance the car. I paid a £1000 deposit and as I have work commitments which take me out of the UK for frequent periods of time, we agreed delivery for Saturday as I was arriving that day from a trip to the USA . I arranged insurance in advance and phoned on a couple of occasions to ensure all would be well for Saturday.
Imagine my dismay, when driving from airport (where I had waited for three hours) to dealer, the salesman called and said I couldn't have the car, as the finance Company had not paid the dealership-this was 20 minutes before collection. Now surely these people check things like this well before handover day, dont they?
I am now home for just two days (easter sun/mon) before heading off on another long haul jaunt which will keep me away next week and beyond, with little chance to arrange another day for the next few weeks or so, something I had clearly explained in advance. I have also had to reinsure the TT.
I feel that the whole deal has been sadly marred and have little enthusiasm for the car now. I have conveyed my disappointment to the dealership.
My question is, can I cancel this order and demand a refund of my deposit?
After all they have failed to keep to their side of the bargain..