Massage Chair tearing in 6 weeks

geeza

Apr 14, 2010
I bough this Human Touch Massage chair from Furniture village. and I thought I was in heaven at first. It was just the right stuff. I thought I got a good deal too as the price was slashed from £2200 to 1000 only because of a mark made on the foot rest.

On the 6th week I noticed after an intense but short massage session the threads in the seam came across to stand out a bit more in the middle. So before I report it I though I'll try it one more time to see how bad it is. That once was enought to pull apart the whole seam in that area. So I raised it with the retailer. They first said becauseits on the seam it would be a manufacturers warranty but after they sent their in-house upholsterer. He reported the damage to be a tear in the leather and they classed it as an accidental tear
This made me furious! Is there anyway of proving otherwise? Obviously the product has not meet my expectations for tearing that quickly no matter if its the leather or the stitching but would I have to prove whether or not it was an accident? that would be forensic job. Can some one help or have Furniture Village successfully stitched me up! :p pardon the pun

neonSource

Aug 7, 2009
You shouldn't accept any talk of manufacturers warranty, your statutory rights still apply.

As far as i know as it's within six months the burden of proof is on the retailer to prove that the chair was not faulty when purchased. You do not need to prove anything.

Regardless of this a tear is very different to a seam coming undone.

SystemOAD

May 6, 2010
As said above its them that would have to prove its your fault not you prove its been done just by using as its meant to be used.

You could try something along the lines of the good old "well I'm in the right, this is what happened so if you don't sort it within the next week for me I will be in contact with trading standards again and I will see you in court to have you replace the chair with a brand new one!"

That's what I would do my friend, but just remember to keep calm and stand your ground as this is defo a case in which you can get a refund or replacement.

Funnybunny

Nov 30, 2021
I'm not sure that the described problem with the chair can cause a lot of negativity, but still, of course, it's unpleasant. By the way, you know, not so long ago, on the advice of my friends, I took a wonderful sports massage london course and I can say that it is really very pleasant and effective for getting rid of pain and relieving tension.