Phones 4 u contract

kazzi1208

Apr 19, 2010
16 days ago, I signed up to a 24 month contract at £35 per month. I went into phones 4 u on the friday, enquiring about an iPhone-doing simply that, ENQUIRING. And before I know it, I've signed up to a 2 year contract that I dont really want. To make matters more difficult, me and my partner are 2 months away from having a baby and I don't want to be tied into anything like this at the moment. But I felt bribed and intimidated into signing this contract and they lied to me several times face-to-face before I signed the contract to try and sell it to me- which they succeeded in doing. I have felt so down and guilty about signing the contract and just want it to disappear-I have a baby to worry about soon, I don't want to have to worry about such an expensive contract! So my question is: has anyone got any advise on my rights or how I would go about trying to cancel the contract? Bare in mind that ive only had the contract for 16 days but they 'do not operate a cooling off period' anyway, which I think is a bit weird because I thought one of your statuory rights are that u should be allowed a certain number of days to return the product.
By the way, I signed the contract through phones 4 u but it is provided by vodafone.

brownsugar8812

Jun 21, 2010
the same thing happened to me! I just bought my iphone on contract today and I want to cancel it. Vodafone said i can do it within 7 days but phones 4 u said i cant cancel the contract. all i want to do is switch my network, i dont really want to leave them but they're not allowing me to. I don't think it's fair.