Sony Ericsson refuse repair

duncanh

Apr 21, 2010
I purchased a SE Xperia X1 in June of last year which developed a fault and was reported to SE who advised me to send it to their repair centre. I did this and about two weeks later received the following e-mail from them

"Thank you for your recent order to repair your X1.
Following receipt of your X1, a qualified engineer conducted a detailed investigation and evaluation complying with all specifications as per Sony Ericsson.
During the inspection procedure the unit has been diagnosed as Un-Repairable under the Warranty of the Manufacturer."

I called the SE helpline to find out what the problem was and was told that the engineer had found cracks in the resin why had been caused by the way the phone had been used. I explained to her that the phone had always been kept in a leather holder and had never been dropped or misused in any other way, but she was adamant that I caused the damage.

How am I meant to prove that I didn't cause said damage :confused:

Regards
Duncan

gabby12

Apr 27, 2010
They always try to fob you off. You need to put everything in writing. Make it official and get them to put it in writing too. Its the only way things get resolved.

mobi4all.co.uk