problems with phones4u repair centre and customer services

bandit124

May 8, 2010
I purchased a nokia n97 around sept 09 from the meadowhall store in sheffield on a 2 year contract, before i signed the contract i asked the sales advisor in store what network was best for full internet access on this phone, and without even asking me where i lived he said vodafone without a shadow of a doubt, since having the phone i have had it replaced within around two weeks of the contract starting, because the cover which slides over the camera lens on the rear of the phone was scratching the lens, so they replaced the handset with a brand new nokia n97.
since i have had this second handset i have had nothing but problems with it, the phone started to freeze when i unlocked the handset, for example its a touch screen, and i could not access any applications on the screen until the handset finely decides to sort itself out, and also when the phones locked in my pocket and some ones rings me it again freezes so i cant answer the call, and eventually have to ring them back.
so i took the phone back to the store in meadowhall to send back for repair, they sent the phone to the phones4u repair centre for repair on the 31/03/10, and it was sent back as having been reset and upgraded to a newer version, it seemed to work fine for around a week, and then exactly the same issues were present, so again i took the phone back to the store and they sent it for repair a second time, this was on the 21/04/10, whilst at the repair centre their conclusion was that no fault was found, so they sent it back to me via courier on the 27/04/10, but guess what within two days of receiving it back i was at the store again with the same problems, luckily one of the stores sales team actually witnessed the problem, so he phoned the repair centre and said that the last time it was sent back as no fault found, and that there was clearly a fault with the phone, so could he send it fast track for the attention of a supervisor, this was on the 01/05/10, now i know this was a bank holiday weekend, but that was ok as i have a cheap handset to use, the phone was not delivered at the repair centre until 06/05/10 and was not even booked in until 07/05/10 and up to press 08/05/10 they still have not even looked at it, is this what they call fast track service.
on phoning the phones4u customer service and asking, because it has gone away for a third time will i be able to get a new handset if it goes faulty again, i was told no not really as it has only been repaired twice, i informed them the handset had actually been away three times, but they said technically the second time was not a repair as there was no fault found, i explained that this was not my fault if they cant be bothered to examine the phone properly, but they still insisted that the second time was not classed as a repair, i have informed them that nokia no longer makes this phone because of all the problems with it, and the internet is full of customers who have the same problems as me, i have phoned phones4u customer services twice now and also phones4u head office and i am just going round in circles, they say they may replace the handest if its faulty on this return, but with another nokia n97, i have informed them that i do not want another nokia n97 as it will go faulty again, but they say that is the phone that the contract is for, like i said i have phoned them and asked if we cant just cut to the chase and replace the phone now rather than waste everyones time and effort, but no they are still saying they want to wait until the phone comes back, to see if goes faulty again, which it will.
now in my opinion i could cancel this contract because they have 1- miss sold me the coverage, by saying that vodafone was best for internet access, without even asking me where i lived and i dont have very good internet access wherever i am and the signal is rubbish. and 2- the phone does not do what it states it can do, ie- faulty cant access things half the time.
whilst this is ongoing i am forced to pay £35 a month for a rubbish basic phone.
when the phone was launched it was launched as a i-phone killer, so phones4u say that if it is replaced it will be like for like, so in my opinion its like a i-phone, so i want a i-phone, or something like the htc desire.

please please help me
i am getting so frustrated

SystemOAD

May 6, 2010
I think having your phone unlocked voides your cover with a lot of companies so you will need to check that first.

Also with the bit about them saying vodafone was the best for internet, you would have to prove this which would be very hard as its your word against theirs