Designer bag wearing badly

Gottst

May 8, 2010
Hi,

I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. My husband bought me a quite expensive designer bag as a present. I was with him when we bought it and specifically told the shop assistant I was after a hard wearing work bag. Two weeks after purchasing the bag I accidently scratched the bag with a finger nail. This was a real nail, not long and not fake! Pure accident. Was on a train. Train stopped quite suddenly, bag started to drop off my lap so snatched at it and as I did i caught it with my finger tips and one happened to scratch the leather. I wouldn't have expected this with finger nails. I went back to the shop today, 20 days after purchase, with receipt, packing etc and was told they have never seen this before and all the can do is send it off for fixing but it will cost me a fair whack. About a third of the cost of the bag. I got the feeling that they thought I was trying to pull a fast one. Can anyone tell me if I have nay rights for an exchange / free fix? Also, does it make a difference if you paid on credit card as I'm read a few things it's possible to claim back through that?

Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks,
Steph