faulty latop within 28days

steven.

May 10, 2010
I brought a laptop and is still within its 28 day money back guanatee. the laptop is not playing a game that i play all the time, the game does not require a softwear download therfore using the computer to work. millions of people play the game online and do not have the same problem as myself, therfore making me beleive this is a computer error. i took the computer back to the store this evening and they refused to offer a refund but said as a good will gesture they will offer a exchange. i tried to reason with the staff saying it couldnt be a softwear issus as it dont need it. they said they wanted to test the machine but coundnt get on the web to do that, so asked if they could take it away for testing, but i refused to needing it for work. how can they offer a exchange but not a refund within 28 days? is it within my right to get a refund so i can buy a computer from a different retailer. the retailer is currys! so therfore didnt expect such a dissapointing out come.

There argument. they say the computer is working therfore doing what it was sold for

my argument. no its not as it wont play a game online and thats what i brought it for.

there argument. it will be a softwear issue so they aint liable.

my argument. no its not the game is online and does not require a softwear download. meaning it uses the computer to work

there argument. it must be the site you need to speak to them.

my argument. no there is over 10 million people online everyday not having any problems. and the site isint showing any known issus

there argument. No you cant know that, we will take it and test it.

my argument. yes i can as i have spoken to people all over the world through the forum of the game and they all say its fine, and no because i need it for work. i cannot go a few days without it.

they say ok.... as a good will gesture we will exchange it for a item of same value.

i say there is not a compter here that i want. i will exchange for the same mondel. but they couldnt do that.

what i fail to get is, why cant they refund if they will exchange???

sorry for being so long.

many thanks