Advice on "window"/ " roof " company - Urgent

fountainpen

May 13, 2010
Hi,
I cant name the well known company- though i would love to .
Anyway this company did someones roof , they covered the flat roof in pvc with a 25 guarantee.
The first time it was done it was fitted incorrect so it was redone , after a few months there was a leak through the ceiling .To cut a long story short they blamed everyone else but themselves eg roof tiles other side of house etc .
It involved the cost of a roofer who said it was not the roof , an electrician who had to check electrics and turn off the room in question .In the end after weeks they admitted they fitted it wrong again.
It took around 2 months with a leak ongoing and dripping in the house over the winter period to come replace and do the initial job properly .A lot of damage was done plus no electric in the room until it was repaired.They made appointments to repair did not turn up.There was no phonecalls letters appologies just us chasing them all the time.
I wrote a letter of complaint on behalf of the elderly person concerned as they had no contents insurance and carpets walls & ceiling all damaged.
The company have been akward to say the least .It has been 6 month now, involved much chasing about .They admitted in letter that they were wrong etc and offered compensation .They asked for quote for damage which was initially verbal , they refused the amount ( is not a riduculous amount !) .They then asked for written quotes for new carpet etc repairs .The elderly person spent time running about yet again getting quotes they wanted - like for like quotes . The company now say they may not pay this amount either.
I am handling the situation on their behalf and think it's disgraceful - a quote for the same carpet has been given , plus all necessary repairs nothing extortionate and it sounds as though they will try to wriggle out of it.
Any advice , the company sound as though they wont honour their offer and we cant go any further with them.