Another PS3 one

aphrabenn

May 15, 2010
Hi All,
I'd be very grateful for advice here. My son's PS3 went on the blink with the yellow light. I took it to a repair shop. Said first fix for £80; could be done total of twice; third fix the motherboard for a further £50.
First fix worked for a week. Took it back and was told it now needed the motherboard right away. I could see the logic (possibly) of that, however when I collected it (for him to take it home and save anything on the disc prior to motherboard replacement), the casing had been scratched and scraped and clearly either transported roughly or it was the wrong casing. What can I do now?
A) Could I get the free fix still?
B) Do I have any rights to ask for free motherboard plus renewed casing?
Many thanks in advance.
Should perhaps say it's out of warranty; bought it from Argos about two and a half years ago

XLTrading

Oct 9, 2009
a) They may fix it for free again.. although what they sound like they are doing is thermal paste 'tricking' again to get it working for a short period of time and hope you are getting bored of going back. It might be worth finding someone who is more reliable to fix this problem for you as YLOD needs a bigger fix than just thermal paste being applied.

b) You can ask - they may not do this for you however.

c) DO NOT send it to Sony, they will charge you a fortune to fix it, and because it is out of warranty, and has been opened.. expect A BIG charge - IF, they even want to repair it.