Downloaders pay attention

pokerface

Oct 1, 2008
About time too. itunes will follow eventually. Although it is getting easier to share music, it is also getting easier to buy it so i don't believe they will lose any revenue.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I think the subscription model offered by Napster is great, where you pay a monthly fee and can have access to all the music on their system on two devices as long as you continue to pay the fee. Never tried it myself, but it is a great idea.

TVDinner

Sep 28, 2008
competition is a good thing for everyone. If it is legal, well funded and can honestly compete with itunes, it will ultimately be good for the consumer.

pokerface

Oct 1, 2008
i use the napster to go service at the moment. Its great up until the point when you have filled your mp3 player up like i have. But the main set back is that it still has DRM, so if napster suddenly decide to close down or anything, all of the music i have downloaded will expire and be unplayable.

TVDinner

Sep 28, 2008
that is why I keep ALL OF my downloaded music on a separate external hard drive.

Matt26

Facilitator
Aug 27, 2008
Guildford
I dont like the idea of the Napster thing.

It seems to me to follow the drug dealer formula. The more music you buy the deeper under control you fall and the harder it is to quit.

Itunes isnt perfect but once it's yours, it's yours.