mispriced item....I know, I know..

philn

May 25, 2010
I've done a bit of a trawl round and I know that this is a big issue - but I still can't come up with a definitive answer. I saw a new bike for sale on a retailer website. I bought it with a debit card. The money was taken from my account. The retailer is now saying that the price was wrong. I want the bike at that price - they took the money for that item. It seems to me that once the money was taken that the three elements (Offer, Acceptance and consideration) have all been fulfilled and that there's therefore a contract that the company have to honour.

Anybody know the law on this? DO they have to supply that item at that price now that I've paid for it and they took the money?
Cheers

craigc71

Jun 24, 2010
Hi there, this is the same as the thread marked 'item priced as £0.00' i cant post a link asd my post count isnt high enough so ive copied and pasted what i wrote there;

Hi, ive had this before, i believe (i may be wrong) but legally the company have the right to refuse the sale at any point up until delivery, once you have taken delivery of the item they can do nothing about it, i think it also works in a shop, if an item is o the shelf at £1.00 when it should be £100 until the shop has taken the money and handed it over to you they have the right to refuse the sale.
Think of it from the retailers point of view, unless it is specifically marked up as free or on promotion they shouldnt really be expected to sell items at a loss should they?