canyoutrustthem.com site...NO thanks!!!!!!!!!

oh carol

May 30, 2010
Came across this site, it appears to offer a portal whereby disgruntled consumers can name and shame bad services providers, when in reality its used to gather data that can be passed on to solicitors who eventually will charge for their services should the unhappy consumer wish to take action.
This site is slightly odd since thir own details are not found anywhere, the owner's website advises that he is not legally trained but can offer assistance, and he has contacts with solicitors.
This site is pointles since consumers can gain free advice from trading standards or consumer direct.
Not even sure the 'posts' are genuine .
Some bad language and personal insults which shouldnt be allowed on a 'professional site'

consumer advice should be left to the experts!

DAZ4160

Jul 26, 2010
CLEARLY CAROL YOU HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT YOU ARE ON ABOUT LOL:mad:.I HAVE USED CAN YOU TRUST SEVERAL TIMES AND IN NO WAY DOES THE SITE OFFER ADVICE. INSTEAD YOU ARE GIVEN THE OPTION OF ALSO FORWARDING DETAILS OF COMPLAINT TO CONSUMER DIRECT / BBC WATCHDOG TO WHICH IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA. THEREFORE CAROL DEAR. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT LOL !!!!!:D

tradedemon

Sep 16, 2010
thanks for sharing I'll take note of that site, and what's up with the uppercasing DAZ... hope you're not one of the owners of that site :)

paddington

Feb 28, 2011
Please avoid this site, it's sole purpose is for the owner of the site to obtain your details then approach you with a view to collecting outstanding debts.

It's also used by competitors to post complaints against other businesses.

Reported to Trading Standards.

Regwaite

Sep 6, 2013
Would you trust a website when the owner of the site is:-

1. The main suspect of a murder case and is out on bail pending trial.

2. Claims to have been suffering with manic depression for the last 10 years yet has been the Director/co Director of 16 companies (dissolved) since 2001 and became a multi millionaire in the process. Now lives in France.

3. Refuses to answer questions and deletes/blocks you if any questions are put to him on his youtube account.

I think the owner of this site Mr Ian Griffin needs to come clean.

Avoid this site.

Last edited: