Camper Van and lost deposit

wazzycazzy

May 31, 2010
Hi,
Just over a week ago I say a 'Camper Van' listed on Ebay. Went to view it, liked it and paid a deposit. When I got home I rang my insurance company who put me in touch with another branch who delt with these type of vehicles. It turned out the log book said mini-bus on it and as such it couldn't be insured as it had been converted with cooker and sleeping facilities and as it said minibus on the log book it couldn't be insured as a camper van. I rang the chap I bought it from (a dealer) who said he would send log book of and get it changed. After taking everything into account I felt I had been mis sold the camper and asked for my deposit back. No joy. I felt the milage was more than likely genuine as a camper but when told it had been a mini bus I wasn't so happy with that as obviously mini buses have more use. I contacted the dealer my email asking once again for my deposit back and the reason why. He has ignored this email. Have I a right to my deposit back, perhaps some of you know about these things more than I do.

Thanks wazzycazzy,