Flight Double Payment

Hey1212

Jun 3, 2010
Hello, I was in an airport in Malaga, spain and wanted to fly with vueling airlines to barcelona.

We went to the vueling airlines desk to make a booking for later that day and the lady was very helpful.

She mentioned that if we went to the vueling website we would get the flights cheaper and as there was an internet kiosk in view we decided to do just that.

So after filling in all the flight and payment details we hit submit and their website froze.

There was a bit a queue gathering at the vueling sale desk so we just decided to hurry back over and just pay the extra cost, and told the sales lady about the froze website.

However a week later when we got home we found out that although their website froze they did accept that booking then the lady at the desk accepted another one.

We were in a party of 10 so the cost was over £3000 between us but we were actually charged over £6000.

I know we booked it twice but we had no confirmation of the booking from their website and the lady happily booked us in so we assumed that we weren't already on the system to fly and thought nothing else of it until we came home.

I have emailed vueling twice with no reply! Please help!

CannyInvestor

Jun 23, 2010
Do you have a British Credit card ?

If so, you might be protected by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, which I believe makes your credit card company practically equivalent in law to the company you purchased the goods/services from. If so, you can choose whether to negotiate with the supplier of goods/services or the credit card company.

So try your credit card company and see how you get on.