ongoing virgin problems.....

gary36arms

Jun 6, 2010
hi all, i started a £25 a month contract with virgin in december, in 5 months ive had 5 nokia n86's, 3 dodgy earpieces, 1 refurb full of previous owners data, and another one that kept rebooting its self, last week when the earpiece went i thought thats it, no more, so i manage to get them to agree for a handset swap, i was pretty much open to any handset to similar specs as n86, but they offered me rubbish basically, after lots of ranting they agreed the best they could do was a tocco ultra, they assured me it was a good handset,

i recieved it yesterday, it wasnt that bad, not a smartphone which id of preferred but still ok, i properly fully charged it in the afternoon till it was full, used the web for ten mins, battery dropped to 2 bars, i thought maybe needs another good charge, so left it over night, mid day today i do a bit of browsing on ebay, in 5 mins down to 3 bars, 5 mins later down to 2, the thing is basically depleting the battery like no ones business, and i do use mobile web a lot when at work or out so its not going to be ideal i keep this phone, my big problem is where do i stand from a consumer point of view with this, if they gave me the phone as a good will gesture should i just shut up and put up with it or do i have a period of time that i can return it if im not happy with it as when i agreed to have this handset i didnt even know anything about it? i imagine they are gettin the idea that im just a constantly moaning misery arse so i really wanted to keep my complaining to a minimum but ideally i want a different handset again......any advice would be greatly appreciated