Phones 4 u - N97 mini faulty

wannahelpme

Jun 18, 2010
Hi

I'm new to this forum and appreciate any advice offered.

I took out a contract with phones4u at the end of april 2010. The handset was ordered online and with the orange network. I recieved the handset and all seemed to be working fin till about week 2 or 3 then the handset started freesing , screen going blank and resetting my ringtome back to the nokia tone. I rang phones for you and they said they could exchange for a new handset because it seemed to be a fauty handset. sent the phone of on the wednesday before bank holiday and waitied nearly a week to get the ohone back. Brand new handset arrives latest software etc. start using the handset approx start of june .. handset worked fine until about a week ago and the screen went off out the blue , thought it may just be a hiccup and carried on using it then this past week the same problem that occured previously started happening again. Rang phones for you they offered to replace handset again but said thats all they could do i said i wans thappy with this because its getting beyond a joke , i pay to send back to them etc. Lady said i could send handset back to them and terminate contract but i would be charged for remained of contract as that was oranges responsibilty.

Rang orange and spoke to someone in the execuative office and he was very helpful, checked to ensure phone was running on latest software etc, confirmed orange have stpped stocking phone because of problems and explained orange coulnt do alot because the ohone was from phones for you and there was no problem as such with the service orange are providing me . He explain all the complaints procedures , executive offices and then above them to ofcom.

Well done if youve kept up so far...

I asked him what he would do personally if he was in my shoes and he said given the fact the handset is only 3 weeks old and this could be a recurring think month after month he wouldnt be happy either and would proceed to get more information from phones for you and see what there prepared to do ...

rang phones for you and getting no where .. were do i go next does anyone know .. ive requested to speak to a manager and lady came back saying she'd spoke to manager and he'd advised to return handset and then pay the remainder of the contract with orange .. so im paying for contract but have no phone. Orange have been really good but they cant do anything because its phones for you im bound to for the handset

any advice would be very much appreciated.

thank you for taking the time to read this.