Accidant going to court

Elieluu

Jun 23, 2010
I was driving on a single carrigway and breaked and indected to turn left, as i turned the car behind me decided to undertake and came into the rear side of my car, fault of this accidant is now in dispute he claims it was my fault as he says I did not indicate and turned into him. However I was indicating and as the leed car I have right of way I was breaking and he was too impatient to wait.

In order for him to undertake (over taking on the nera side) he also had to enter a cycle lane and since I was making a blind turn into my street he aslo ran the risk of coliding withany emerging vehicles. The man has since changed his story of the accident several times, first stating that I dind not indicate- which my insureers say is irrelevant as it is not a legal requirement,then he changed to saying he thought I was turning right and now he says that I turned late. I have told the insureres that I am prepaired to take it to court and will not accept 50/50.

Is this the best thing to do as he owed a duty of care when he was travelling behind me. We have aslo measured the road and there was only just enough room for him to make this manouver given road and car widths which definatley shows that he had to enter the cycle lane, and if he had not colided with me he would have over ridden the entrance of the side street.

If any one has any advice I would be greatful I have bben driving for 4 years and have had no previous accidents, tickets or traffic offences. My mother was a passanger in the car and she fully believes that the man was at fault. I ahec aslo spoken with a friend who is ex traffic police and she seemed to think that it was his fault.