Can I Sue For Loss Of Earnings?

craigc71

Jun 24, 2010
I recently had a web designer 'upgrade' my shopping cart software from one package to another within his 'portfolio' of products, since he has done the upgrade he has changed my website from .co.uk to .com without me asking, (i bought .co.uk first as my main site then bought .com so no one else could by it)
By changing this he has broken all the links i spent months building, he has since put it back to .co.uk but the damage has been done, he has broken all the optimisation on all my products that had my listings on the 1st page of Google and I’m now down near the bottom of page 4.
He has also forgotten to put back the secure checkout SSL for credit cards so many people won’t buy due to that, he has also somehow created a 'loop' so when people put items in their cart and try to checkout using the option to go direct to checkout the site won’t take them to the checkout it kicks them back into the main shop site so they cannot checkout.
Prior to the 'upgrade' i was getting around 30 good sales each month, since the upgrade i have had 4 sales in 2 months, i also had my website valued just before Christmas and it was valued at around £6,600 i had it re-assessed this week and it is now at £1,800.
Does anyone know, if i can sue for any loss of earnings for the lost sales or the lost value on the site following his errors?