Mazda develops fault still under warantee

Hypat1a

Jun 25, 2010
I purchased a 1 year old Mazda 4 years ago from Brooklyn Mazda. It still had 2 years warantee. Whilst still under warantee is began 'misfiring' occasionally. Despite requesting an investigation into this 3 times the response was that the on board computer showed no faults, the mechanic could not replicate the misfire.
Now out of warantee the problem got much worse and the car stalled on the motorway. It now cannot be driven safely.
Brooklyn Mazda went into administration a year or so ago. A Mazda dealership still exists with the same staff. They have diagnosed the problem as a manufacturers fault that has slowly allowed water to enter a sealed unit causing electrical failures. The garage has had discussions with Mazda who have offered to pay half of the costs totally £2000. I obviously feel they should pay 100%.
My question is who do I take this up with? As I understand the Sale of Goods act which is clearly on my side applies to the retailer which no longer exists. Can I demand the manufactrer sorts this out? Can I use the fact that I took out a loan through Mazda at the time which I am still paying?
Many thanks.