Any Advice Please Sony Vaio Laptop troubles?

Essence

Jul 6, 2010
London
I bought a Vaio Sony Laptop on 9th March 2010
I had a few problems with power staying on and eventually complained to the seller June 20th 2010. The seller told us to contact Sony Vaio the manufacturers to deal with it. Upon contact they posted us a power cable which made no difference they wanted me to give them the laptop for several weeks and I might have to pay for the damage if they decide it was my fault. The implement was that I would have to pay and go without any laptop for several weeks.
So I contacted the seller trying to implement my consumer rights suggesting that they would have to replace or refund the laptop I had only had it 3 months. The seller replied saying because it was after 3 months It reverts back to the warranty of the manufacturer and all decisions/repairs are with them, including paying if they decide it is customer damage (which it is definitely not).

Any advice on this please.... I really tried to work through this just feeling helpless dont know what else I can say or do.
Kindest regards
Essence

bungee71

Mar 30, 2011
Hi

Ok most high street retailers will tell you to go back to the manufacturer, this is so you have no further legal rights with the retailer. once you go to the manufacturer, you forgo your Rights under the, Sales of Goods Act 1979.

The Law in the Uk is clear, when you purchase a product from a retailer, he has been surpplied by the manufacturer, and it is the retailer that needs to deal with the manufactuerer, not you the consumer.

Under the Sales of Goods Act 1979, all products sold by a retailer needs to be free from "minor defect" and "fit for purpose". up to six years from the date of purchase.

So dont let retailers tell you to go to the manufacturer, they are just trying to fob you off because you dont know what the Law is, and save them selfs time and expence.

Eu Law states that manufacturers should offer a 24 month warranty on electronic products, but the dishonest stores and manufacturers will not tell you this. to save them selfs time and expence.

If i was you i would ask Sony, why they do not offer a 24 month warranty, as EU law states, after all the UK is a member of the European Union

Sony's UK number is 0870-599887