Debt collection agencies

brianphilip

Jul 7, 2010
Hi All just registered, I need some advice regarding a loan i took out about 10 yrs ago. About 3 yrs ago i was contacted by "dlc debt recovery unit" for Full Payment. I explained that at this time i was unable to comply as I had had a series of heart attacks two months previous. Of course they were not interested in my health and insisted i start paying £277 pm. Due to my health concerns i made arrangements with my bank to pay the said sum by DD.

In Nov 2007 I had to retire on ill-health grounds which obviously affeted my income (I get a small works pension) I rang dlc, yes you've guessed again they were unsympathetic to my plight and were not prepared to lower my payments. Sorry to ramble on, My Q is would i qualify under the "Prescribed Terms" "e.g. unenforceable) agreement of the loan and if so would i be able to request a refund of all the payments. The irony of it all is i only have 2 further payments to make.

I unfortunately did not know until today that existed under the CCA, all advice would be gratefully appreciated
Kind Regards
brianphilip