Faulty secondhand Street KA

psh

Jul 12, 2010
My daughter bought a 05 plate Ford Street KA from a car dealer for £4000 just over 4 weeks ago now and arranged finance through santander via the dealer. Within 2 days the noises started from the engine and it was returned to the dealer to fix.....

The garage stated that the head gasket had blown and because she had driven it to the gagage herself the dealer said she was liable to pay the costs as she had probably made it worse???????

The car was off the road for 10 days (the 1st time) and had the following replaced....

the head gasket
the cam shaft
and the alarm system repaired

After some negotiation the dealer paid the garage some £1400 for the repairs having originally wanted my daughter to pay....

However a few days later more engine noise and the the car was recovered to the garage (at their cost) and the alternator and alternator belt was replaced...

A few days later more noises and after 2 returns where they stated there was nothing wrong the car suddenly gave up the ghost with the same engine noises and the ignition packed up....

The garage refused to recover so I arranged the car to be recovered locally where it is now. My daughter is in tears and only had the car on the road for about 5 days in the entire period she has had it. The dealer has said get your lawyer onto it, bring it on????

Whilst I am sure the car might be fxed by our local garage I have an option of either using the 3 month warranty, or taken the dealer to the small claims court either to pay the bill or to go for a full refund..........

Having spoken to trading standards it appears to be a long process to take the credit company and dealer to the courts?????

Any advise???????