Phones 4 u N97 mini - help please

lyc089

Jul 13, 2010
I'm having the same problem with Phones 4 u with Nokia n97 mini. I am beyond angry with the situation.

I took out a contract days before christmas and within a week it was freezing, battery was running out on no use daily, coming up with the blank white screen randomly. Took it straight back to be told it would be exchanged but they didnt have any in stock so I'd get a call when they had one. Over a week later, went back in as I hadn't heard anything. Turns out they just didnt bother to call me. Spent over an hour in the shop as Vodafone had withdrawn the phone due to the high return/fault rate so he had to get a code from headoffice to allow him to give me an unlocked phone. Was told I would only be able to get a like for like depsite Vodafone withdrawing the phone!!!

All was fine, until a month later. Started freezing again and bringing up the white screen. Went back in very annoyed to be told it had to be sent for repair. I understoood this was the policy, so agreed. Phone was away for 2 weeks - man told me 7 days. At this point I asked at what point I could get a different phone as it seemed to be the same problems with all N97s. They said after it was repaired 3 times there policy was that I could get a different phone.

The day after getting the phone back it was doing the same but also not bringing up my contacts! Beyond a joke now. Went in to the shop, expecting them to swap my phone but no... Policy changed a month ago. So why did the sales advisor tell me the previous day that I would be able to get a new phone if it broke again?!

Spent 1.5 hours in the shop this time, trying to resolve the issue. The man suggested paying off the contract and taking out a new one - to be told I had to pay just shy of £600 to get rid of a phone that has broken 3 times! Absolutely ridiculous! To cut the rest of the story short, the only option I had other than pay was to have a 'new' n97 sent to me and if that broke, i could get a new phone .... To be sent a refurbished one! Asked to speak to the legal dep on the phone to be put through to repairs?!

Phones 4 u are the most unhelpful, rude people i have come across and have made me extremely angry. Does anyone know what legal rights I have to fight Phones 4 u? i have been without a phone that I can use my internet on as they did not offer a phone whilst mine was on repair, for a total of 4.5 weeks.