Advice needed

MrSkyman

Jul 13, 2010
I purchased a Second hand car from Arnold Clark and did not notice that it had a chip on the edge of the windscreen until I got home. I should have checked the car out in more detail before buying it but I stupidly did not think for one minute they would have missed this as i did :(.. so I contacted them the next day and explained and was asked to bring it back so they could have a look at it. luckily when I purchased the car i took a few pictures of it to show my wife the car we were spending all our savings on, as she was not with me at the time and I had to wait a few days before we could pick it up. The dealer not surprisingly tried to get out of it by explaining that it could have happened when i drove it home so they would not be replacing the windscreen, So I then showed them the photographs that proved that it was there before I removed it for their forecourt (now you do need to zoom in but you can clearly see the mark on the edge of windscreen)
I now been advised that he (the manager of branch) needed to speak to another manager and call me tomorrow???
I am very suspicious that they might come back with some other cop out but can anyone tell me what my rights are? do they need to fix this? could i even ask for a full refund if they don't? I want to be prepared for tomorrow when or if I get a call :) Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

MrSkyman

Jul 13, 2010
Never did get a phone call from the garage today, phoned them an hour a go and receptionist left a message but still no call, funny enough the number is now engaged now.. Can anyone out there give me advice on what to do now?