Dealer dragging heels

kazz3105

Jul 14, 2010
Hi, new to this forum hoping someone can help.
To cut a very long story short bought a used car from local dealer that i later found out was such a death trap that i am lucky to be here, basically the chassis is shot and well beyond repair. Trading standards and myself have been fighting to get a refund. I sent them a letter stating that i was taking them to court if they did not pay up within 7 days (they had already agreed to pay the refund 5 weeks prior) Received a letter on Monday stating that if i took the car to them today i would get the refund( at last) rang dealer told them that as the car no longer had an MOT i would not drive it, they saidthey would send someone with trade plates to pick it up. Well he arrived at 4.15 (without the trade plates, but thats his licence he is messing with) but before the car had stopped the dealer was on the telephone telling methat there was paint stripper on the roof (this happened months and months ago) and wanted to reduce the refund by £500 for a respray. They state that they intend to make 1 good carout of 2 shoddy ones. The only fit partof the car i have is the engine. I have a feeling he is going to get an 'MOT' and sell it at auction. I have spent a fortune chasing this dealer including a independant report that trading standards arranged. Does this have to go to court?? They are taking the micky but this has gone on since Nov last year. The tax is due to expire at the end of this month and i have nowhere to store it.

kazz3105

Jul 14, 2010
Re: Dealer dragging heels do we?

Ok we reluctantly accepted the £500 less....I have too much other stuff going on in my life. The question i have is this....I spent a lot of money sorting this carry on out i.e. independant reports and charges made by other mechanics to give quotes, along with initial repairs and other sundries. Can i take the dealer to the small claims court for this? comes to around the £500 mark...I have not signed anypaper work or anything like that. Is this a good or bad idea, i have no timescale now as the car has gone.
How can i keep the death trap off the road????