New car , faults, woes and am I really protected ?

StWilliam

Jul 15, 2010
I'm four months into ownership of a new car that has had faults since collection. The car has been back to the dealer six times .

Since becoming aware that I have some protection under the sale of goods act, I wonder if it would benefit me in my case for the following reasons :

I've had the car four months , but it takes ages each time for the dealer to book the car in for repair and then you have to wait a further 4 weeks each time for the dealer to get authorisation to carry out the repair. So would a judge deem I've accepted the car and/or would I lose a lot of money if I asked for a refund ?

I part exchanged my old car for which they gave me £8300 and paid £799 case towards it. But I was given a further discount of £1000 from list price So how would any refund work.

Looking at our much stress these cases can cause for new car rejections, plus the added cost, is the sale of goods act really offering any protection to someone who is basically .....broke !

Can I use the Sale of goods act to enforce a suitable repair. Ideally I just want to keep the car and get the dealer to repair it. I dont want a replacement car and ( for the above reasons ) I think a refund would take forever, so my only option is using the act to ask them to repair the car in a suitable time period.

Thoughts and advice welcome