boiler supplied not as quoted

swatterscars

Jul 17, 2010
I wonder if anyone can give me any advice please.

I asked for and was quoted for a Vaillant system boiler, model Ecotec plus 624, and an unvented cylinder. When the installer came to do the job, which took 2 days, at the end of the second day (yesterday), my husband and I were given a demonstration of the boiler, all seemed ok and we paid in cash for the boiler, and the installer signed the quote "received (the amount) date, and signed to say he had received the money. All was ok, until this morning when we heard a funny noise coming from the boiler. We checked the instruction leaflet and in there it shows several models and their individual details. I told my husband it was the Ecotec 624, when he looked at the boiler, it said on the front Vaillant Pro 24. When I checked this, the boiler that was supplied was a Combi boiler, and not the system boiler I asked for and was quoted for.

I am at present checking with Vaillant to see if this is a) safe and b) whether the combi boiler can be put with an unvented cylinder?

The main question I am asking is whether I have any recourse with the Installer. As he has quoted for a particular boiler, and has supplied and fitted something different, am I entitled to my money back?, can I make him supply what I agreed to? - i.e. where do I stand. Can anyone help me please, this has cost me a lot of money, and I cannot afford to replace the boiler again. Thanks.