storage contract help please

BOO

Aug 4, 2010
storage contract help please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,
our caravan is in a cassoa storage gold site and when we have went to collect it sice leaving it in april,The front window has been cracked down the middle and I have no idea how long it has been like this but the full window has cracked through both panels to the inside so the condensation has left waster within the panels and god only know where else
My partner found a large rock beside the caravan which may or may not have been thrown and hit it,
Anyway he approached the owner and asked if ther had been any problems and was told no and that they dod not know what had happened and they apologised.
When he got home I got straight back on the phone and said I wasnt happy and wanted to know what was going to happen about it to which i was told we walk around with dogs every night and didnt see anything and your not covered for any damages it states in your contract.
I am livid because its probably now affected by damp also dont know if we can go away at the weekend as not sure when towing the the pressure on window will cause it to cave in completely so deposit lost for site too.
I have no idea on cotract and was wondering if someone could advise if we have been had or whether there is anything that we can do ,as i cannot believe we have to claim through our insurance whilst paying them to look after the van when
a) they havent noticed the damage and just rang to ask us to come and check on it and
b)they just tell us actually your contract states no matter what happens here your caravan could be damaged everytime and your not covered for a penny

Thanks any advice appreciated