purchased second hand car with multiple problems

tracey

Aug 9, 2010
i purchased a used fiat punto 2 weeks ago and so far my son has fallen out of the back door where it did not close properly,i had fixed,the electric window has stopped working,the exhaust pipe was rusted which i have had replaced ,the 2 front tyres were bald,which i had replaced,just checked oil which was dry so i have put that in,i am now feeling that i have brought a dud car what are my rights to getting a refund it was brought from a dealer for £1100 please any advice would help

nmonline

Oct 24, 2010
Hi, the problem you have is that you have had things fixed yourself. If you have problems with a vehicle you have bought, you MUST give the dealer the opportunity to remedy them. It's unlikely you'll have any joy from them now, but keep any receipts for the work you have had done. Under the Sale of Goods Act, if a problem becomes apparent within the first 6 months of ownership, you have rights. So, if anything else should go wrong, CONTACT THE DEALER. Explain the problem and see if they will sort it for you. If not, you can go for a refund. If you have to take them to court, the receipts will help show you are genuine. Hopefully, you'll have no more problems - good luck.