Do i have the right to cancel my contract with Phones 4U

dougyt26

Aug 10, 2010
Contract date is 31 July 2010 and its for 24m and its a Samsung Galaxy s i lose connection to Vodafon 50% of the time and the gps on the phone dose not work properly its so bad that it take 10 mins to get a lock on a satellite then loose it with in 5 mins apparently its a big problem with the phone according to every one one the net i relay hevely on the the gps.
what i wanted to know is can i cancel the contract and return the phone as its with Phones 4u i dont want to bother them unless i have the rite to cancel?:confused:

nats4385

Dec 6, 2010
I have same problem with the same phone from phones4u only on orange. I know lots of people on orange who also get little to no internet/gps connection. I want to know if i can cancel my contract and request a refund on the grounds that i am paying for unlimited internet yet can barely access it. Surely this puts orange in breach of their cobtract to me?!

biroqueen

Dec 15, 2010
They try to get out of this by saying that they make no promises on connection quality to the network - If they had promised you unlimited CONNECTION or constant amazing signal then they would be lying and you could cancel contract.

If you can prove that it is a problem with the phone then you can seek an alternative phone - you bought the handset with gps on the basis that gps was usable - if gps does not work on the handset then it's not as described and you are entitled to swap it.

You need to determine whether it is a signal/network provider problem, or if it is a handset problem.

Their promise of unlimited internet is not tied to them making a promise of you being able to connect to it unfortunately.

There is no harm in complaining to them to see how far you get though, they might offer solutions or help. Have a look at exactly what they promised and compare it with what they are giving you. If they are not giving you what they promised then you have rights to pursue this further.