Phones4u, Blackberry curve: Repairs and "reasonable time"

Towers

Aug 13, 2010
Hey there,

I am looking for some advice on the repair of a Blackberry curve with Phones4u.

The phone was purchased in December last year from the Wood Green shop. It recently developed problems and was returned to the store. It was stated by staff that the phone should set for repair. This would take 6 to 8 weeks. During that period no replacement phone could be offered. I can provide more details about this if required.

But anyway to me 6 to 8 weeks seems like a long period. Looking online consumer affairs states that: "In the first instance the seller must offer to at least repair the phone. They must do this within reasonable time, at no additional cost to you and without causing any significant inconvenience."

What is a reasonable time ? Who defines this ?

Is this repair period the only option ? Why does it take so long. Its this something that is Phones4u fault ? Or the Blackberry.

I would really like some advice on this. The store Phones4u have stated I have no choice if I want it repaired and that 8 weeks is not unusual. Also that the contact with 02 must be paid in that period even though I have no phone.

So yes let me know. I have heaps of time to think about this (at least 6 weeks). What are my choices? Is all this correct? Do I have the right to complain ?

Thanks again