One year Guarantee

gkd_uk

May 6, 2008
Hi

If a TV broke down a few hours after it's one year guarantee, am i stuck or is there a way of getting a replacement?

Will

May 5, 2008
I am not sure 100% but I thought you had three years with a television as standard in the EU.

Will

incognito

May 6, 2008
I have not bought TV for years but I am thinking of buying one of this flat screen TV very shortly. I will be sure to buy extended warranty.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If you buy your TV from John Lewis and other stores you can get a "free" five year warranty, although they are often not the cheapest watch out for deals.

temi

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
London
www.temi.co.uk
If you buy your TV from John Lewis and other stores you can get a "free" five year warranty, although they are often not the cheapest watch out for deals.
Well, as we all know, there is always a catch somewhere, the so called "free five year warranty" at Joh Lewis and others that offer such warranty is already built into the price.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It is a case of being an intelligent cusstomer, so many people don't know the true value of the goods they are buying. If you track the price over a period of time, you'll know whether the sale offer is good or not.

temi

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
London
www.temi.co.uk
Thanks for this info Tony, I wish all retailer follows the letter as well as the spirit of this law, that has not been my experience with PC world, they try to sell me extended warranty, part of this so called warranty covers the 1st year when the goods is naturally covered by manufacturers warranty.