Sky Contract Mis-sold Door to Door in Belfast

rickjmcg

Aug 24, 2010
Hi,

I am new to these forums so please be gentle on me!!

Back in May a door-to-door sales person from Sky visited my home and sold me a Sky TV contract. One of his key selling points was that he was able to "fix" the price of the contract for the lifetime of my subscription to Sky, this was obviously a very attractive offer as it fixed me into a reasonable contract rate without any risk of it increasing in future.

Anyway, come today and my letter arrived advising me of the annual price increase of £1 for my basic subscription. I contacted Sky and they informed me that they never offer any fixed price for life contracts and that all their contracts have the possibility of increasing semi-annually. Sky are currently investigating this with the field representative who sold me my contract.

So, really I am trying to find out if anyone else in Belfast (or anywhere else in the UK) has been mis-sold their Sky contract in a similar way as I think this would make a much stronger case to Sky. I know I was stupid in that I didn't check the contract for any information about the price fixing offer that I was sold verbally but we all make mistakes!

Thanks for your time
Richard