Cheapest UK car to arrive in 2009.

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
The Nissan Pixo is set to become the cheapest car in the UK when it is released here in 2009.

UK's cheapest auto from Nissan - Daily Express

You certainly seem to get your money's worth in terms of add ons and while it is never going to be a performance car, the mpg, low emissions and of course the Japanese manufacturers reputation for reliability all make it an attractive purchase, especially in these hard times financially.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The Tata Nano is much cheaper than that although I am not sure whether it will ever be available in the UK. I think it costs about £1000!!!

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
I've not heard or read anything about the Tato Nano being made available in the UK. Obviously if it was it would be the cheapest by a considerable margin. I wonder if there is a reason for this? I am guessing our car laws are stricter than in India and I am wondering if this is a reason why we don't have it here? Either that or the bigger companies have stymied the chance of Tata selling it here legally some way?

Or perhaps Tata just don't feel there is a market here for the car.

I must admit, I would wonder what has been compromised to make the car that cheap. My main worry would be safety issues, brakes, tyres, longevity and reliability.

I'd be interested to see what the safety ratings are for this car, as well as why exactly it hasn't been released here.