Worldwide Bovril shortage

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
Yes, I am being serious. After weeks (months) of it not being in stock at my local Morrisons I went especially to Waitrose today to get some Bovril. I have had a cold all week and really craving a nice, hot cup of Bovril. Not being able to find it anywhere, I asked one of the store managers, and she said they didn't have any, and there was a shortage. Not just a Waitrose shortage, but a national, indeed worldwide shortage. :eek: I asked why this was the case and she said she thought there was some problem with some ingredient in Bovril.

:confused: Has anyone else managed to buy Bovril recently?

barbarp

Facilitator
Aug 20, 2008
Dorset
How bizarre...is this some plot to keep us all weak and in our beds so we can't fight???:eek:

I know I've brought marmite in the last week but not Bovril, it's not something to do with this melamine thing in china is it because they've withdrawen all the white rabbit chew sweets from our local tescos because of that?

I will scout around, see what I can find but I've PM'd you my recipe for garlic soup..will kill all cold bugs dead!!:D

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
Ooooooooooooo I haven't had Bovril for years! I lurked around the Internet this morning and someone who works for the company that makes Bovril says there is no shortage and it is still in production.

Perhaps if you are desperate you an order from here :

Ocado: Search Results for bovril: Shop

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I have never really tried Bovril. I thought it was the same as Marmite and Vegimite - I have never had any of them as a drink. Don't know whether I like the sound of that

Tony