Possible Voluntary Repossession

trixybell

Sep 11, 2010
Hi all, this is my first post so please be gentle,

Im considering voluntarily haviny my house repossessed in scotland, and moving to dublin (r.o.i) what would be the likely outcome of this ? my flat was bought for £60,000 5 years ago, a few neighbours have had theirs up for £40,000 for the last year with no sales. i cant afford to keep the place on if i have a new job somewhere else, very real possibility i will have to move for work (only recently graduated from uni) .
To many flats up for rent in my area, and would not bring in enough to cover mortgage.

Ultimately i cant sell, i cant rent out (despite the fact NR wont give me permission), and i cant get a full time job that will let me stay where i am ??? Not sure what to do, i have been told by moving to the republic of ireland (from scotland, my partner moved here from dublin and had no credit rating as was considered abroad?) my credit wont follow is this true ?

Just to be clear i dont wanna do a runner, i am aware i will have to pay the shortfall, but obviously will take me a little time to set up somewhere new and i dont want them chasing me if possible.