Nokia n900 2 yr contract, no working phone

malibujane

Sep 15, 2010
I entered a 2 yr contract with Carphone warehouse in March. I had to return the phone a couple of days later as it wasnt working, the Carphone warehouse said they would give me a new phone as it was less than 10 days old-great. About a month/6 weeks later it started playing up, freezing, slipping into edit mode, deleting programs so i went back with it, They said they would repair it. The next day I picked it up and tested it on front of them-it didnt work, they took it back, said they would send it back to Nokia and it would be a couple of weeks. I got it back and it was ok for about 2 months, the problem started again but stayed in edit mode. I rang Nokia and started the phone process in which you get promised someone will ring you back within 48hrs, then i rang back 1 week later and then someone was to ring back later that day-didnt happen, again I rang, the same promise-the same result. I sent an email to nokia and about 2 days after that they rang me 2 start to deal with it. Thy said all I could do was have a phone from them that had been sent over from Finland, but they couldnt guarantee that it wasnt a repair one! I said I entered a contract for 2 yrs on a new phone, so I think I should have a new one in its place, I get so frustrated with it I feel like cancelling my contract if I can. Where do I stand?