Please help I have no kitchen and 2 hungry kids

chrissy

Sep 18, 2010
Hi
Am new to this site and desperate! Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place - please move mods if necessary. Will try to be brief..
July - went to B&Q with 100% accurate floor plan of our kitchen as produced by a qualified builder. From these we, explained to the B&Q kitchen designer, our dream kitchen, our priorities of how we would like the kitchen to look.
Main points as follows:
To house the washing machine, dishwasher, fridge and freezer in 2 "larder" cupboards (one appliance on top of the other), to conceal them from view. This would then give the impression of a "new" kitchen. We had explained that our priority was to hide these appliances which were standard size, rather than replace with integrated.
The B&Q designer stated that B&Q could provide such cupboards of the size to make them suitable for this purpose. We have a copy of a computer generated design plan which clearly shows the appliances encased in cupboards.
We were, in fact, mis-sold these cupboards because they are not fit for purpose. They are too small to house appliances and therefore useless. On this basis, the whole concept of the new kitchen look we hoped to achieve is completely misleading. Our kitchen would now look virtually the same except with new cupboard doors. It is totally unacceptable to be given pictures of how the kitchen will look to then find it will look nothing like this. Is this gross misrepresentation?

The B&Q designer also didnt follow scale on plans given so the kitchen has lots of gaps (miscalculated by approx 50 cm each wall. Delivered wrong size dishwasher as a result which is too small for the space. Day before units arrived I gave away old dishwasher and cooker. (so dont have anymore)
Everything is useless as nothing fits, even though on their design plan it does because they didnt follow the measurements properly. Thing is builder fitted half the units while I was at work, then realised the problem. I have paid builder and electrician so far approx £600 for nothing as sockets etc in wrong place.

B&Q say they wont redeliver anything for 6weeks even if we reslove problem but I have 2 small children and cant live on takeaways (or afford it) that long. At wits end. I dont live near family etc who can feed them.

Because of their miscalculation and misinformation the kitchen looks just like it did before but with new door fronts and no way of using cooker etc. If I have to give it back to them to get my money back, I will have to pay builder again to dismantle I cant afford to do this. Please help. I cant have no kitchen for weeks on end and dont see why I should have to pay for any of this - Thanks

PS - sorry to go on in first post!

B&Q

Sep 20, 2010
Hi Chrissy,

I work for B&Q.

Can you please send through your contact details- telephone number and e-mail address so we can get in touch with you regarding your issue?

Please contact us on: SSOMultichannel.SocialMedia[at]b-and-q.co.uk

Kindest Regards,

Neema Mohan

Social Media Coordinator