Direct Debit question please?

Petel

Sep 21, 2010
Hello and thank you for the welcome to this forum.

Could anyone please advise as to the following, which may be of interest to others?

In a recent discussion at my place of work, it was suggested that there are more than one type of Direct Debit. Can anyone confirm this please?

It was suggested that the consumer ( when agreeing to a DD ) may not be aware that there are more than one type and may not know which they are agreeing to.

The inference was that the other type ( if it exists ) is more onerous to the consumer, who only becomes aware of this when problems arise, such as the company or service provider suddenly and without warning, changing dates or amounts or when the consumer attempts to cancel the agreement.

I notice on this forum, other posts, where people have cancelled such agreements in the accepted manner, only to have the debits pop up again, having been reinstated by the company/service provider without recourse to the consumer and apparently, with the full co-operation of the consumers bank or Building Society.

Sorry for the long post but would welcome any input on this question.
Many thanks Petel

speedymike

Sep 21, 2009
DEVON
DD can be veriable usually bill payment i.e. telephone etc where not same rate, or you set a DD for fixed amount i.e. insurance set fee monthly, I would tell people to insist on Standing Order where possible you control SO.

Ben_C

Jul 12, 2010
www.moneymakerpros.com
Thanks Petel. I found your topic interesting, but I don't have much idea about this matter. If I was there I would contact directly to the authority and clear all my confusion directly. Its also a good try to find the solution from whatconsumer, Someone more expert will help you hopefully. Good luck..