car auction help!!! outstanding finance

gibbo4530

Sep 23, 2010
hi all,

i brought a car from a car auction 10 months ago, i went to sell it to day and found out it has outstanding finance on it from 2006. the facts are as followed

1. car auction HPI all vehicles
2. the car was a reposestion
3. Santander was the company selling it, through the auction.
4. i paid for a financle guarantee to protect me from this, however, it only lasts 6 months,

where do i stand please, the auction company have said they will look in to it but surly a company like santander cannot sell cars like this?? can they.

mick,

i cannot afford to walk away from this money so please can someone help.

nmonline

Oct 24, 2010
Hi Mick, think I may have answered this in another thread, but don't panic! It's very unlikely the finance hasn't been settled. Chances are, the records haven't been updated on Experian, or HPI. Neither the Auction, or finance company can legally sell a car that still has outstanding finance. First port of call is to call the HPi company you have used to check the record is up to date. Then, if they believe the agreement still exists, contact Santander, and ask them to send you confirmation that they have No Further Interest in the vehicle. They may amend the HPi record, or you can contact them.

Car Auctions