ASOS email gift vouchers - unreliable

TRF

Sep 24, 2010
I have bought two email gift vouchers for friends in the last five weeks - both arrived late - the first by two days, the second arrived nine days late - I have had no satisfactory response from them explaining what went wrong (apart from one amusing email where they tried to blame me for it - they were wrong and I had the screenshot to prove it) they have offered me 15% off my next order but I must use it by mid October! Ha! The vouchers worth were collectively £45, and they seem to think that a 15% off code for my next order (it is unlikely I will ever order from them again) that I must use ASAP will be enough - absolutely disgusting and simply not good enough. I am not a retard and am aware that 15% is approx nothing on an order unless I am spending big bucks and why on earth would I want to do that - especially in the next two weeks!!!

What would be satisfactory would be a voucher worth £15 I can give to a friend. One of the friends who received their birthday present late due to the incompetence of ASOS (who, by the way, advertise the email gift voucher as being something you can have delivered the day you order it. Worth pointing out again at this stage that the voucher arrived nine days late).

They have taken roughly 48 hours to get back to my emails each time, despite the ‘get back to all emails within an hour’ promise on their website - I have sent 20 emails about this matter due to the fact they've not been able to rectify it - they have no telephone number I can contact them on, they won't call me, they don't have an Ombudsman(and haven't offered me any other complaints alternative), and the emails I do get are bland, unhelpful and just a plain waste of time.

I am infuriated that I have been treated like this and that my friends have been made to suffer and will not be letting this drop until I get a satisfactory response. Which I guess means I will likely die before it is resolved/ I get the phone number!

I have just composed a written letter that will no doubt be going to yet another faceless customer care advisor with a phone phobia.

ASOSheretohelp

Sep 28, 2010
Hello,

I’ve come across your post and was sorry to hear about experience at ASOS. I would be happy to help you resolve this. If you could provide me with your order number I would be able to locate your details and contact you directly?

ASOSheretohelp

MariaB

Nov 5, 2016
Don't bother I have been waiting 6 x days for my gift voucher to be emailed to me and still not arrived. They say it can take up to 24 hours to arrive. Email address is correct and I've Checked my SPAM folder and not there either. Been in touch with customer service earlier in the week to report it and they emailed them again, so they say but still waiting for the email.

Such a shame, I was a regular shopper at ASOS ad spent a fortune over the years but after this experience never again, really bad experience.

Reactions: Andrearichter

steveg

Dec 27, 2016
Have to say I have had a similar experience to Mariab - bought a voucher as a present and it's still not turned up. Worse than that no response from ASOS - my advice is their vouchers are not worth the bother

Andrearichter

Jan 10, 2021
I placed an order for a £100 e-voucher from ASOS for my daughter to be sent via email on 25th December as her Christmas present, the money was taken by ASOS on our credit card via the Paypal account. It never arrived. I have been trying since the 27 that December 2020, via several different avenues to understand why the order is still ‘live’ but not delivered. I’ve had no valid response from ASOS, other than to say ‘referred to our customer service team who will be in contact’ I’ve tried to cancel the order and claim a refund, but nothing...........I’m at the point of reporting them to Trading Standards for breach of the Sale of Goods and Services Act and also trying to get a refund through the credit card via Paypal. There is an obvious issue with gift voucher sale for this company, until they get it remedied, it would be beneficial to allow quick and easy process to allow consumers to get some answers. Ignoring them is not great customer service. I’ve attached 2 x communications from ASOS, one guaranteeing a refund, which has not arrived and the other promising contact, which has not happened.

Attachments

Andrearichter

Jan 10, 2021
Don't bother I have been waiting 6 x days for my gift voucher to be emailed to me and still not arrived. They say it can take up to 24 hours to arrive. Email address is correct and I've Checked my SPAM folder and not there either. Been in touch with customer service earlier in the week to report it and they emailed them again, so they say but still waiting for the email.

Such a shame, I was a regular shopper at ASOS ad spent a fortune over the years but after this experience never again, really bad experience.
Absolutely, I’ve been waiting for 16 days for an explanation as to why my voucher wasn’t and still hasn’t been delivered. I’ve asked for a refund, but sill no customer service or any sight of this happening. I will never shop with them again.