Name change for Pizza Hut

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
I think this is a reflection of the health obsessed culture we've become. Pizza has become a negative connotation in many minds. Pasta sounds healthier. I'm sure they will still sell plenty of Pizza, but I am wondering if the cost of implementing the name change, may outweigh the financial benefits (if any) from making the alteration in the first place. Think of the costs involved in changing shop signs, menu's etc etc.

They'll have to shift a few bowls of pasta, not to mention a few pizza's, to pay for all that.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The problem with Pizza hut pizzas is the amount of sugar and salt that goes into the sauces and the amount of fat used in the deep pan pizzas. Pizzas can and should be healthy. I am guessing they will put the same amount of salt, sugar and oil in their pasta sauces. It will cost an absolute fortune to make this change - it can't be worth it.

Tony

barbarp

Facilitator
Aug 20, 2008
Dorset
I can't even think where our local pizza/pasta hut is so that really says how much of an impact they've had on my counciousness.
I've always had a problem with fast food resturants mostly because of the appalling way they treat their staff {several friends in college worked in local ones, the wages were :mad: , the hours were long and they frequently met with patronising managers and abusive staff}
Personally I far rather go down to our local caff which has the added benefits of being involved in a work experience program for the local learning disabilities centre and very nice food.