Hotpoint "Super Silent" feature is a joke.

Alvin

Oct 5, 2010
Customers thinking of buying a current Hotpoint washing machine on the strength of it's "Shhh -Super silent" feature embossed on the top left hand corner of the machine will be in for a big disappointment!
This is because these new machines are fitted with a emptying pump that makes so much noise during the wash cycle that i will describe as a heavy pulsating chuffing noise a bit like a steam train leaving a station! - Yes it really is that bad.
Hotpoint (which now comes under the brand of Indesit) say that the super silent feature ONLY refers to the Motor of the machine and nothing else.
I believe that this issue is debatable by Trading Standards Department as in my view Hotpoint is misleading customers into thinking that the whole wash cycle is silent.
Buyer Beware!

Alvin

Oct 5, 2010
A machine emitting that sort of noise will drive you insane! ....... I should know as i have just bought one (model WMD 942G)

Stevo

Jan 10, 2011
I have not been unfortunate enough to suffer this particular problem with Hotpoint goods, however I did purchase a Hotpoint TCD980 ULTIMA condenser tumble dryer in Oct 2010 from Comet on line. It truly ranks as one of the most stupid purchasing decisions I have ever made. I used it once, it broke, the drum came out of alignment and snapped the belt. A Comet engineer replaced it with a new drum (after several weeks of waiting and phone calls). I used it twice, it broke, drum came of of alignment and forced open the door. I reported it again to Comet, an engineer came, agreed and went away. I have since been on the receiving end numerous "customer service colleagues", located at various call centres across the country, not to mention the 3 days I've had to take off work thus far to accommodate "it'll be between 0800 and 1800 for the engineer. To date I have no working tumble dryer, (the engineer is coming this Saturday to confirm, what the engineer who came last Thursday confirmed, that it's broken). I've asked for a refund so I can buy from another manufacturer and after the appalling excuse for customer service I have received from Comet, from another supplier, however, "it's not their policy" and there's nobody in the Customer services hierarchy who could/would speak with me nor authorise a refund at this juncture. I am adopting the "voting with my feet" approach to Hotpoint and especially Comet.

Alvin

Oct 5, 2010
All consumers should be aware that HOTPOINT no longer exists.
Only the name now exists after INDESIT took them over.

Judging by peoples complains about HOTPOINT on this thread would suggest that parts from all over the world are now being used to build this "Phantom" brand's appliances ....... with huge design and parts quality issues now emerging!

Please spread the word, so others are not left disappointed.

lynettepeach

Jan 18, 2011
i purchased an indesit washer/drier 17 months ago through my mail order catalogue the thing has danced all over the floor from day one it goes into convulsions as soon as the spin cycle starts the 1/2 inch screw feet come off with the vibration. i went on line for advice the suggestion was the appliance wasn't on level ground. as it was in the utility area we weren't too concerned we have now laid new flooring but the thing still rocks we were planing to fit units around the machine but i was concerned about damage to them. so i called the indesit helpline. apparently i made the fetal mistake of not calling indesit sooner the cost to have this item put right will be 10 monthly payments of £16 i have told the man to stuff that & i would be better off buying a new one i have posted this because i am so cross & i would not recommend this product to anyone.

AndrewHG123

Mar 4, 2011
That still doesn't explain the machine marching round the room. Did your installer take out the transit bolts that hold the cement shock absorbing block stationary during delivery?
If they don't, there is no mass floating free to balance the machine.

lynettepeach

Jan 18, 2011
all four bolts where removed on installation the washer / drier has been leveled up with a spirit level it is just a pain in the neck.

Adelaide Corrigan

May 10, 2011
Re: Hotpoint "Super Silent" feature works brilliantly for me

:DI purchased a Hotpoint Aqualtis (AQ9L 29I) nearly three years ago. I've had numerous washing machines throughout my life and, truly, this is the very best yet. The performance is superb. The clothes are well spun but with minimal creasing and it REALLY IS WHISPER QUIET! I've a nice Bosch in my second home and the Aqualtis beats it hands down on all levels - especially the noise. Because it has a 9kg drum I can wash a summer king-size or super-king size duvet with ease. It has a wide variety of programmes and, untypically, I use them all.

I can only suggest that the noisy Hotpoint washing machines have some sort of fault.
i purchased an indesit washer/drier 17 months ago through my mail order catalogue the thing has danced all over the floor from day one it goes into convulsions as soon as the spin cycle starts the 1/2 inch screw feet come off with the vibration. i went on line for advice the suggestion was the appliance wasn't on level ground. as it was in the utility area we weren't too concerned we have now laid new flooring but the thing still rocks we were planing to fit units around the machine but i was concerned about damage to them. so i called the indesit helpline. apparently i made the fetal mistake of not calling indesit sooner the cost to have this item put right will be 10 monthly payments of £16 i have told the man to stuff that & i would be better off buying a new one i have posted this because i am so cross & i would not recommend this product to anyone.