Writing off credit card debt

SeaKay

Oct 5, 2010
Plymouth
I wonder if anyone can help with some advise.

Two or three years ago, I got into difficulties with credit cards. My income fell away dramatically with the recession and I ended up borrowing from one, to keep the other going. Not clever!

Net debt – around £65000 across around 10 credit card companies.

Anyway, about 12 months ago – and after lots of letters/dialogue with various companies and DCA’s - I agreed what I guess would be called an informal, Individual Voluntary Arrangement, whereby interest was frozen, the hassling phone calls stopped and I am now just making token payments to them all.

Fast forward to today and I find myself in a situation where I might be about to receive some money from a family member. Not enough to cover the whole amount, but probably around half.

So, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to what amount I should offer a credit card company/DCA for “early settlement”? Obviously, I want to pay them as little as I can!

Also, should I get a copy of the Credit Card Agreement first, and will this have the amount on it that they paid for the debt?

So many questions, but any advise/guidance gratefully received!!

speedymike

Sep 21, 2009
DEVON
See if they can produce CCA agreements first, if not SAR them to check any missold PPI & unfair charges on each account tp claim, then offer say 10-15% full & final to each of them if you are able, then you would have to take it from there, all in writing I would suggest keep files on each.

terry

Apr 28, 2011
I think payplan can help you put the full and final offers to the creditors free of charge if I am not mistaken