Dry cleaners ruined my bridemaid dresses!

SpencerH

Oct 5, 2010
Hi all. I have a problem with a small dry cleaners in Peterborough.
Basically they took in my two bridesmaids dresses to be cleaned. Before quoting they wanted to see them, which is understandable. We were given the prices and left them in their capable hands.
Upon picking the dresses up the next week something quite clearly wasn't right immediately - several loose petals fell out of the bags. Upon opening the bags the large main flowers (one per dress) we completely missing! We left the dresses with them and were told we would be called back.
Two days later we hadn't been called so my partner returned and was told that nothing was going to be done, and that we shouldn't have left them if there was a chance of damage (isn't this the point in going to a professional and paying extra?!). My partner was then told to move aside so other customers could be served and eventually told she would get a call later on (just to get her out the shop I imagine). Unsurprisingly she didn't get a call.
Today my partner went to Consumer Direct who said we should write a letter by recorded delivery giving them a chance to repair the items to our satisfaction, and said the company were legally obliged to give us the manager's and proprietor's name for the letter. I called to get this information and was ushered around between three people before the last told me to go into the shop to get the names (even though they weren't willing to give them the information to my partner yesterday) ... and hung up.
This is possibly the worst case of customer service I think I've personally come across.
Any ideas what I can do? Is the stern recorded letter from a template the best option still?
Thanks in advance!

Jostar

Sep 20, 2010
www.postgoldforcash.com
Hi,

I would imagine, although not possibly the most moral choice, that you should definatly write a stongly worded letter suggesting that you will not let this matter rest. Usually when something like this happens the company thinks the consumer will just go away through fear of the company as they may seem to have more power.

If you show that this isnt the case you might find that they simply offer to reimburse you.

Hope it all works out.