Doorstep Loan

parky632

Oct 12, 2010
I took out a loan with a doorstep loan company when my marriage broke down, i was paying no problem with them, the company then introduced paying into a bank account which i did again no problems. Then i went to pay into the bank and i was told the account is closed, I tried to contact the company but never heard anything for a few months then i got a letter explaining that he no longer accepts bank payments and only doorstep payments. I again paid with no problems until i had a family berevement and needed to travel up North my car needed to be fixed so i could attend the family. I informed the company i could not pay that month as i was financially unable to but would make the payment up over a few months. I have asked several times over the last year for a breakdown of what i owe and to this date have not recieved either, the company has started to become awkward and un helpfull, i have written and asked i pay the money into a bank account but they have refused this. I have no idea how much i owe and they still wont tell me. Do i have any rights or are they in breach.