SE Vivaz Fault

Jam3s

Oct 12, 2010
Hi.

I bought a Sony Ericsson Vivaz (as a pay as you go phone) from Carphone Warehouse in April 2010. I have had software problems with the phone in the past which I have been able to fix via resetting it to manufacturer settings. Recently, I had to take the phone in for repair as the charging port in the phone was coming out when the charger was plugged in and removed. I had no problems getting a repair at Carphone Warehouse, and I have learned that I have a two year warranty.

I researched the problem on the internet and many people have had the charging port falling out problem so it is likely that the fault is a design fault and not down to wear and tear/misuse.

How long is a reasonable time for repair? Could I get a refund now as they have sold me a faulty product.. I wish I had asked for a refund now? What happens if they say that the phone is beyond economical repair, what rights do I have (full refund?) ? Carphone Warehouse quoted me 14 days for repair but I checked there repair tracker website and it says that it has been sent to Sony Ericsson for "High Level repair" and says this usually adds 28 days to the length of the repair process. I have been given a standby phone but there is obviously still huge inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,
James

Bought phone: 21/04/2010
Went in for repair: 30/10/2010