Lastminute.com

Will

May 5, 2008
I often get mails from Lastminute.com, Easyjet and others saying get x for a ridiculously low price. However, when I go to the site I can never see the offers ? Is this legal, or have they just sold out.

Will

incognito

May 6, 2008
Sadly, this king of misleading advert is legal, its similar to the buy one get one free at the supermarket, we all know you are not getting anything free because if its free, you should be able to just take it without buying one.

I often get mails from Lastminute.com, Easyjet and others saying get x for a ridiculously low price. However, when I go to the site I can never see the offers ? Is this legal, or have they just sold out.

Will

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Sometimes they do get pulled up by the Advertising Standards Agency e.g.

EasyJet has flown into trouble with adverts which promised a "double the difference" refund if passengers found a cheaper fare.

EasyJet denied misleading customersThe adverts stated: "Book by Friday and if you find it cheaper elsewhere we'll refund DOUBLE the difference."

But the deal was misleading, the Advertising Standards Agency ruled, finding it was only available on very restricted flights.

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
Quite often these outstanding offers will be limited in number and there are some people who almost make a profession of getting into these offers first...As such, they literally sell out within minutes.

Also, a lot of these offers are at awkeard times so that you can't take them during school holidays etc...but that's just a way for them to drum up trade during quieter periods...ao nothing untoward there...

Paul Carcone

Nicola

Facilitator
School Holidays - No Cheap Deals

As a teacher, it drives me bonkers that I can't get any of these deals as they are mostly excluded from the holiday period.

Very annoying!

That said, these companies are set up for the benefit of their shareholders - they're not a charity to give all of us cheap flights around Europe! (as much as that would be lovely!!).