SCO Paving Ltd has anyone else had problems with this firm?

perrie

Oct 21, 2010
Despite giving me a written 5 years guarantee this firm will not reply to any of my requests to rectify defective workmanship. I have sent numerous emails and 2 recorded delivery letters requesting that they contact me to resolve the matter, but they just ignore me. I have told them that I will seek legal redress but it seems to have no effect. I am not sure that I can afford to go to court so what can I do now?

sco pav

Sep 1, 2011
In reply to Perrie, this lady is fully aware that we have said we will return to rectify the sealant but it has to be a dry day. The lady in question has said it has to be a Thursday and she has to have notice if anyone out there can let us know when it will be dry on a Thursday then please let us know.

perrie

Oct 21, 2010
Recoating is not the only problem with their work. SCO's comments are laughable. For a start I have never said that Thursday is the only day of the week that they can come to rectify their work, and even if I did I am sure that we have had numerous fine Thursdays in the last 18 months. When I phoned this Company they would not give me a date when they could come and discuss the problems and they were down right rude! They have never replied to my numerous letters.

SCO Paving - please note that I would love to hear from you - please contact me as soon as possible and confirm that you are willing to put right your work. You can come and do it any day of the week - even Sunday if it suits you.

eeyorebob

Aug 15, 2011
Love it Perrie! - have you had any reply from them yet?, i read their reply an was a bit flabbergasted that they said you'd stated you were only available thursdays?!

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
perrie, not sure if you have done so but I would advise that you send a final letter asking them to contact you by letter stating their proposal for dealing with this problem and that you expect a reply in ten days. There can be no argument then as phone calls are not very helpful in these situations and are subject to misinterpretation.

If the company genially wants to put right the work then they should be given a final chance by replying in writing to you. If they do not reply then you then need to look at the next step which is academic at this point.

SCO Paving has indicated on this forum that they will return on a dry day. This is problematic to say the least as if they are in the middle of another job that person may not be very pleased if nobody turns up (I am not sure of their labour resources). I would suggest that they be given a reasonable time with reasonable access to come when a dry day is predicted. That may mean that they put you on notice a few days in advance if the outlook is fine and then they ring you the day before they come when they are pretty sure the weather is going to be fine.

You are going to have to be flexible with this solution.

Hope this helps.

sco pav

Sep 1, 2011
In reply to the eeyorebob thank you. At least your reply is sensible and it seems you understand the problems companies are under.
In answer to some of your comments we are a small family firm that installs on average 3-4 installations per week so to have one complaint on here seems to put this into perspective.
This lady has been told we will return but she insists on being there, with the weather we have here we never know in advance what we will be doing.
All our customers or i should say the majority understand and work with us but there always has to be an exception.
We have thousands of satisfied customers who are willing to talk to and show their installation off. Its a pity this lady will not work with us, as it could of and would of been rectified by now.